Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A favorite pasta recipe.

Pasta Fra Diavlo or Spicy sauce of the Devil. I got this from the Weight Watchers Cookbook.

You will need.

2 tsps olive oil
1 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
3 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp dry red wine (I used Columbia Crest Merlot)
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes ( I used way more but I love spicy food)
1/2 lb of linguine ( I used bow ties since it was all I had)

In a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently until golden about 8 minutes.

Add tomatoes,tomato paste,wine,sugar,salt and red pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile cook pasta and drain. Add to sauce and Voila!

Nutrition: 1 cup Pasta and 3/4 cup of sauce equals 300 calories.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment