Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's raining and pouring...

Like always. Sigh. All I can think about when we have weeks of straight rain is New Mexico. Hot, dry, sunny New Mexico. Especially in May. School gets out in May in NM so we would have already gone camping at Elephant Butte. We would have started swimming at the public pool or at a lake or river b/c its already 80-90 degrees. After almost 4 years here I'm still not used to the rain and the cold weather. Seriously my heater is on right now. Its May 26Th. Go away rain! I do not like this 50 degree weather!

Jim and I are hoping that his leave is approved and that we will be heading to NM around 4Th of July. Now it has been over a year since I was home and more than 2 since Jim was home. We are dying for Mexican food. I would give jellibean away for a #22 at Kountry Kitchen with a huge side of chips and salsa all for me!

Oh this is Jellibean by the way. My 3 lb 6 year old chihuahua.

Okay maybe I wouldn't give her away since she is my baby but I would really really like some authentic Mexican food.

I think I am going to spend the rest of my day watching Trueblood and drooling over this hunk. Yummy! Eric from Trueblood. The Southern Vampire series or Sookie books as I call them are way better but I like some eye candy.

2 comments:

  1. mmmm Erik! I'm more into Eggs but Erik will do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the weather thing too. My heater seemed to stay on much longer than I would imagined and I wore socks all time in the house. The gray days are hard to get used. But the views, oh my do I miss those Washington views.

    ReplyDelete